National Day June 6, 2023
Sweden celebrates 500 years as an independent nation.
June 6, 1523, Gustav Vasa was elected king of Sweden and Sweden became an independent nation.
Program National Day of Sweden
Stadsparken in Ludvika
Associations, organizations and political parties show their activities.
- Pony riding with Ludvika Ridklubb.
- Circus school with Ludvika Minicirkus.
- The café in Sporthallen is open.
- Open house at the Fire & Rescue Service in Ludvika at 13.00–16.00.
Ice cream for the children!
Speaker Marcus Leu greets welcome
Students from the Kulturskolan play and sing.
Award ceremony: Kulturpriset and Kulturstipendiet.
March towards Gammelgården where the celebration continues.
Västerbergslagens Kulturskola play music until 16.30.
Musikkåren comes with the party train.
- Flypast by Ludvika Flygklubb.
- Ceremonial speech by President of the Regional Executive Board Elin Norén.
- The National anthem, Musikkåren accompanies.
- Marcus Leu.
- Speech to new Swedish citizens by Chair of the Municipal Council Anna-Lena Andersson.
- Ludvika Minicircus.
- Also visit the café, the herb garden and the mineral museum.
- Bring your own chair.
- Join the party train! Feel free to come in folk costumes from Sweden and around the world.
Illustration - Gustav Vasa: Ola Skogäng